To set up a privacy notice on your Clover card machine, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your NatWest Tyl portal.
- Under ‘Services’, launch the ‘Clover - Advanced Settings’ for your location(s).
- Under ‘Setup’ > ‘Business Information’, scroll down to the ‘Privacy’ section.
Why do I need to do this?
Some apps on your Clover card machine allow you to store and use your customers’ data, which means that you’re processing customer data as a data controller under GDPR.
As a data controller, you’re responsible for the ways in which your customers’ data is collected and used. You’re also responsible for making sure the way that data is processed complies with data protection law.
You need to be able to let your customers know:
- Who’s collecting the data?
- What data is being collected?
- What’s the legal basis for processing the data?
- Will the data be shared with any third parties?
- How will the information be used?
- How long will the data be stored for?
- What rights does the data subject have?
- How can the data subject raise a complaint?
You can share this information with your customers using a privacy notice.
You’re responsible for making sure your business complies with privacy law, as part of your Clover terms of service. If you don’t, you could be penalised and you might be at risk of a fine.
It’s up to you if and how you provide a privacy notice to your customers, and what you say in it. This is your responsibility under GDPR, and we can’t advise you on it. If you’d prefer to use your own content, or edit the sample we’ve provided, then you should do so.
If you’re going to use data taken from email e-receipts, you need to be clear in your privacy notice the purpose of using that data.